Age of Conflict (Pathfinder Confrontation Mod)

OOC Kill the messenger...

Athron:
Athron would meet Kupar’Te in a private location to discuss the proposition of dealing with the Daikinee messenger.

“I have thought about your proposition. First, I have a few questions. Is the information they have on a document or is it something one would have to divulge from the elf themselves? What assurance can you give me that Hiro will not discover my involvement? Same goes for the Daikinee. Also, once “the deed is done” how would we… or rather YOU make the information that is acquired useful and or known to the kingdom?"

If the answers to these questions are in agreement with Athron, then he is willing to help with the disappearing of the messenger.

DM:
kupart’te leaps up in excitement as you enter his tent and ask him. “Ok! So the the runners have a predefined path that they run along the coast and in the open for the most part. Daikinee patrols keep them clear of monsters in general, but, when it is monsoon raining the runners tend to prefer the cover of the forest canopy and I have a good spot that w… I could ambush a runner. The messages are indeed written and in a scroll case on their back hip. I tried stealing the case a few times but they have Well secured and sealed. As for the information, il tell you what… How about we open it together and you will have full and final say in how and when the info is given to the kingdom… What do you say…?” He eagerly watches you for an answer.

Athron:
And how would we keep both Hiro and the Daikinee from discovering our involvement? I would rather not cause a war or get one or both of us executed…

DM:
Well, I have a spot picked out that is away from spying eyes and know the schedule of the daikinee patrols. We can also outrun a daikinee. We will have ample time to take him down without anyone knowing. You come in with your huge tracks and bite and we blame a dinosaur attacker. I would imagine that Hiro would only find out if YOU tell him… This matter would not be my place to tell him in any case. It is your swim lane here… Marshal. What do you think and do you have any suggestions to make this a better plan?

Athron:
So we will just have to wait for a particularly rainy day then execute the plan. You have the spot you know of along with the schedule so we will go by that. I will need to be aware to make my tracks as a dinosaur seen and credible (not just appearing out of nowhere because I dont leave any tracks otherwise). I suppose Ill also need to be careful not to destroy the scroll case when I bite and claw and otherwise kill the messenger. Other than that… (a sly grin crosses his face) Lets do this!

DM:
It is a wet day and the rain is so hard that it is making divots in the ground and punching holes in the canopy. Kupar’te is leaning against a tree eating an orange when the sound of rapid footsteps catches his ear… “Right on time.” He states as he nods to Athron to take position behind a hedge. He takes a single step and within seconds the footsteps fumble to a stop. “Hoe there stranger! You startled me… My apologies, by your leave…” The young elf tries to make his way carefully around the giant, but Kupar’te matches his movement as if accidentally. “Excuse ME… Better watch out around here, lots of nasty carnivores around…” Kupar’te says slyly. “Yeah i know…” States the elf somewhat leery of the orange eating and strange giant. As his eyes divert, the elfs gaze meets that of a huge Allosaurus which is staring right at him. The elf freezes in terror as the allosaurus rears up and strikes. Wounded but not dead, a chase ensues but ultimately ends with a cornered elf and a single powerful chomp, cracking sounds and violent shaking. The allosaur retreats back into the brush and Kupar’te and Athron wait for the better part of a day before returning to the scene to gather their prize. The find in the satchel a map of the coastline heading west to what appears to be a city of the Daikinee. It also shows some points of interest along the way including a spot where a group of strange griffons are, and camps along the way. You also find 2 BP worth of small gems, presumably to pay for safe passage while in the jungle when dealing with a faction they call the Pantharas.

Comments

arcticfox6 arcticfox6

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.